Five districts in the Harmony Public Schools system received A-Ratings in the Texas Education Agency’s 2019 Accountability Ratings.
Two others received B-Ratings.
“We are extremely proud of the hard work and collaborative effort taking place each day in our campuses across the state by our students, teachers and administrators,” Harmony Public Schools CEO Fatih Ay said. “Together, we set high expectations for our schools, and together we achieve them. Results like these offer tremendous encouragement to continue striving for even greater success as we begin an exciting new school year.”
Designed to give families an easy-to-understand snapshot of their school’s performance, the annual TEA Accountability Ratings measure district and individual school performance in three primary categories:
“Student Achievement” (STAAR Scores, College and Career Readiness, Graduation Rate), “School Progress” (Academic Growth and Performance Relative to Similar Districts) and “Closing the Gaps” (Ensuring Educational Equity for All Students).
TEA Accountability Grades by District
- (A) Houston North District – Serving the families of North Houston, Cypress and Bryan.
- (A) Houston South District – Serving the families of South Houston, Katy, Sugar Land and Beaumont.
- (A) Houston West District – Serving the families of South Houston, Katy, Sugar Land and Beaumont.
- (A) San Antonio District – Serving the families of San Antonio, Laredo and Brownsville.
- (A) West Texas District – Serving the families of El Paso, Lubbock and Odessa.
- (B) Austin District – Serving the families of Austin, Cedar Park and Pflugerville.
- (B) DFW District – Serving the families of Dallas, Fort Worth, Waco, Carrollton, Euless, Garland, Grand Prairie, and Plano.
Harmony Public Schools is a Texas-born, Texas-wide charter public school system offering a free, nationally-recognized curriculum focused on STEM and Character Education to Texas students in Grades PreK-12. Earlier this month, the TEA also awarded all seven Harmony districts a “Superior” rating in its preliminary FIRST Financial Accountability Ratings, including five “Perfect 100” scores.
About Harmony Public Schools
Harmony Public Schools are 57 high performing PreK-12 college preparatory charter schools throughout Texas. Harmony blends the highest standards and expectations, with a rigorous math- and science-centered curriculum and dedicated and engaged teachers and families to cultivate excellence and prepare students to succeed in college, careers and life. At Harmony Public Schools, we believe every child can succeed, and we are committed to helping them realize their full potential. To learn more about Harmony Public Schools and our 56 campuses across Texas, please visit: www.harmonytx.org, and follow us on Twitter at @HarmonyEdu and ‘Like’ us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/HarmonyTexas.