Grow Your Own Teacher
Harmony Public School's Grow Your Own Teacher Program (GYOT) is an innovative fellowship developed to prepare HPS's future educators and leaders. Our program provides a competitive financial opportunity – up to $20,000 in total for six years – for current HPS students and/or HPS graduates to pursue a bachelor's degree that leads to teacher certification.
In addition, GYOT residents will receive professional development from central and district office experts, one-on-one coaching from a highly qualified teacher mentor, and networking opportunities with student colleagues from across Texas. GYOT residents will be ready as an experienced and effective educator to serve our students in the first days of the school.
- What Financial Assistance will I receive?
- What are the eligibility requirements?
- What will I be teaching?
- What support can I expect throughout the program?
- What is the application process?
- What happens if I do not complete my degree or I am no longer interested in teaching?
- I did not graduate from Harmony Public Schools. Am I eligible?
- What happens at the conclusion of my teaching commitment?
- What is the profile of a typical candidate?