Welcome to Harmony Public School's Benefits Site!
The central source for all of your benefits needs. We strive to provide a full comprehensive benefits program to support the overall health of our employees and their families. Harmony offers several paid benefits to eligible employees including:
Health and Wellness Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision (Including District Contributions)
- Short Term Disability and District Term Paid Life paid by Harmony at no cost to eligible employees
- Permanent Life Insurance
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) (Free)
- Cancer, Critical Illness, Accident, Hospital Indemnity
- 403 (B) Tax Sheltered Annuities and Mutual Funds
- 457 Retirement Savings
- 401 (A) Harmony Public Schools Matching Plan for Retirement
- Finpath - Financial Wellness Coaching
Important Benefit Information
- During enrollment ensure that you provide ALL dependent information including social security numbers date of birth student status and mark if your child is disabled.
- Ensure that beneficiaries are listed for District Paid Life.
- Ensure your name, address, and contact information is up to date. All reported changes should be updated in Munis as well.
- Annual medical enrollment takes place in the summer with benefits being effective September 1st of the following year.
- Annual supplemental benefits enrollment takes place in the fall with benefits being effective January 1.
- Medical ID: ID cards will be mailed out to those enrolled in a TRS BCBS plan. If you did not make changes during enrollment, you will not receive a new ID card. Your existing card remains valid. If you misplaced your ID cards and need to request new ones, contact TRS BCBS 866-355-5999 or visit the BCBS website to access a temporary ID card.
- TRS:For those enrolled in BCBS Primary and Primary + plans, to change the primary care provider for yourself or anyone on your plan, please contact TRS BCBS directly to process the change.
- Cigna Dental ID: DMHO-ID cards will be mailed to you if you are enrolled in a DHMO plan. If you have lost your ID card, please contact Cigna directly (800) 244-6224 to order a new ID card.
- Amertias Dental ID: PPO - You DO NOT need a card to receive dental benefits, simply let your provider know you work for Harmony Public Schools and give them the employee's social security number and they will be able to confirm you in the system.
- Amertias Visual ID: You DO NOT need a card to receive vision benefits, simply let your provider know you work for Harmony Public Schools and give them the employee's social security number and they will be able to confirm you in the system.
Important Information for New Employees
- You are responsible for online enrollment, even if you decline all coverage, within 31 calendar days of your date of hire. Failure to enroll within this timeframe will result in forfeiture of benefits until the next open enrollment period.
- Benefits are effective the month following your hire date. For example, If your hire date is 5/3/2023 benefits will be effective 6/1/2023.
- Benefit deductions will occur on the month benefits are effective. If your benefit elections are submitted after the 15th of the month, the first deduction may be delayed. If this occurs the following month you will receive double deductions.
Qualifying Life Event
Please see the Special Enrollment FAQs that explain the process and the documents you will need to provide to add or drop coverage through the district due to a Qualifying Life Event. Please provide this information immediately as this information is extremely time sensitive per IRS and TRS guidelines. Please note: You only have 31 days from the date of the event to make this change.
- The TRS BCBS Medical Enrollment form must be completed for medical insurance changes outside of open enrollment. This form should be sent along with the proof for the qualifying event to be processed.
Please ensure that you send all information, including your proof of the Qualifying Event directly to the HPS Benefits Department at firstname.lastname@example.org so that your request is processed timely.
Benefits plan information can be found at the Employee Benefits Center.
Take the following steps to log in to FFenroll and enroll in or decline the benefits offered to you:
- Go to https://ffga.benselect.com/enroll
- Enter your HPS employee ID number or full Social Security number (SSN) without any dashes.
- Enter your six-digit PIN: last four digits of your SSN, followed by the last two digits of your birth year (Example: If the last four digits of your SSN are 1234 and you were born in 1970, then your PIN will be 123470).
- Click the ‘Log in’ button.
New PIN: The first time you log in you will be required change to a new PIN. Please write down your new PIN once it is changed as it will be used every time you log in.
For technical assistance with the enrollment site (password help, site errors, etc.), please call the FFenroll Help Desk at 1-855-523-8422 or send an email to email@example.com. Help Desk representatives are available Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The enrollment site is only available during the open enrollment period or during a new hires first 30 days of employment
- Please view our "How to enroll guide" for assistance.
Sunlife Short Term Disability
Short-term disability replaces part of your income if you can't work for a short period of time due to a covered disability (injury or illness)
Who is eligible? Full-Time Exempt and Non-Exempt employees who are currently at work. Substitutes, Interns, and other employees working less than 20 hours a week are not eligible. Effective January 1, 2024 there is a waiting period of 30 days before employees become eligible for Short Term Disability.
When do benefits become effective? Benefits begin after an incapacity period of 7 consecutive days. On the 8th consecutive day of incapacity due to a personal disability, injury, or illness, the employee becomes eligible for STD benefits.
How much coverage does STD provide? Short Term Disability pays 60% of your total weekly earnings, not to exceed $1,000 per week.
You are not able to take Short term disability without first applying for FMLA/Non-FMLA for First Year Employees and Short-Term Disability run concurrently. FMLA protects your job/position and Short-Term Disability help to supplement the financial impact of the absences. The two processes should be completed simultaneously. Please email the Leave Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the leave request process.
If you have questions about the short-term disability process or about the status of a STD claim, please contact the Benefits Department at email@example.com
- Employee Assistance Program (Employer Paid Benefit)
- FinPath (Employer Paid Benefit)
- TRS ActiveCare BCBS Wellness Resources
Life can be a juggling act. It takes time and energy to balance your work, family, and personal challenges. To help manage life's daily challenges, Harmony Public School is pleased to make the Supportlinc employee assistance program (EAP) available to you. The program offers confidential, professional support and resources at no cost to you and your family (any member of your household and your children up to age 26, even if the child doesn't live with you).
Concerns EAP can help with include: anxiety, anger management, depression, family counseling, grief, job stress, maritial concerns, stress management, substance abuse, and work-life balance. Please visit the Employee Benefits Center for more information about the Employee Assistance Program.
To get started, call 1-800-475-3EAP(3327). You can contact Supportlinc anytime, day or night, 365 days a year. Username: harmonyps
Harmony Public Schools is pleased to announce the launch of FinPath - a financial wellness program for all staff. As valued employees, your financial security and wellbeing is extremely important to us.
By partnering with FinPath, we can offer you a comprehensive program designed to offer tools and resources specifically for the often complex needs you, our educators, may have.
Some Highlights Include:
- LIVE monthly workshops with multiple chances to win prizes.
- An entire suite of complementary DIY tools - budgeting applications, financial calculators, etc.
- A full virtual curriculum with over 30+ financial foundation courses.
- Access to confidential financial coaching sessions to answer those more complicated questions and help you get started.
Please visit our Employees Benefits Center to view information on the Finpath program.
Employees enrolled in a TRS BCBS plan now have access to tools that can help you get healthier on your own schedule.
For employees with TRS-ActiveCare get started on your wellness journey by signing up for Blue Access for MembersSM (BAMSM). With BAMSM, you have helpful resources at your fingertips. You can access BAM from your computer, phone, or tablet. You and your covered dependents 18 or over can register for a BAM account. Once you’re registered, you can get information about your health benefits anytime, anywhere. BAM will not only help with wellness but review claims, get ID cards.
With BASM, you can:
- search for an in-network healthcare provider, hospital, or pharmacy
- request or print an ID card
- view or print Explanation of Benefits statements
- check the status or history of a claim
It’s easy to get started!
- Go to www.bcbstx.com/trsactivecare.
- Click Log In at the upper-righthand corner of the page.
Use the information on your BCBSTX ID card to sign-up.
Assist you to shop for health care services to help lower out-pocket costs. Please visit the member rewards website to get started on savings!
Earn points for participating in different healthy activities. Points are used to redeem and get offers such as merchandise discounts. Please visit Blue Points to start earning points!
Live Well with Well on Target:
This program will assist you with reaching wellness goals and managing your health conditions. Please visit well on target to manage your health!
As a TRS-ActiveCare participant, wellness coaching is available to you at no extra cost! You can speak confidentially with a credentialed wellness expert, including dietitians, nurses, personal trainers, and others about sleep, fitness, tobacco cessation, diabetes, weight loss and more! Learn more about wellness coaching
Before you sign up for the gym down the street, be sure to check out the Fitness Program! Starting at $19/month, this program gives you access to a nationwide network of fitness locations. There is no contract required, and you can cancel anytime. Learn more about the Fitness Program
Personal Health Guides:
As part of your TRS-ActiveCare coverage, you have access to Personal Health Guides (PHGs) at no added cost! PHGs have the knowledge and resources to help you get what you need so you can focus on your health and wellness goals. They’re available at 1-866-355-5999, 24/7 and can assist you with claims and benefits questions, cost estimates, prior authorizations, pregnancy and parenting support, wellness benefits and much more! Learn more about PHGs
If you need mental health support, please visit TRS BCBS to view resources for mental health.
Women's and Family Health:
TRS BCBS provides information about pregnancy benefits and woman's health resources. To learn more about women's health resources, please visit https://www.bcbstx.com/