Study Abroad Programs are for experiential education. Picture the world as your classroom with each destination a new interactive textbook!However, instead of reading, students are experiencing history, art, culture, fashion, and food and the arts in real-time! Maybe you have traveled overseas and had a taste of exploring a foreign city, a sandy beach, or a historical landmark. If you are looking for another opportunity to go abroad,and to discover, learn, understand and connect with new people, studying abroad is a great option. With Harmony Public Schools’ Study Abroad programs, U.S. high school students have the incredible opportunity to see the world and increase their global awareness. You’ll take classes in the foreign universities and live with a native host family, which will challenge you to push your own boundaries and immerse yourself in another language and culture.
And with more than 4 study locations around the world, you’ll find a Harmony Public Schools Study Abroad program that both challenges and inspires you.
The following rules apply to field trips/social events:
- A student must have written permission from the parent/guardian
- Students must travel by transportation provided by the school except when accompanied by their parent. Parents may not transport any other child but their own.
- Clothing worn is at the discretion of the administration. Students must wear modest swimwear on all trips that involve water activities. For example, boys are expected to wear knee-length, properly fitting swim trunks, and girls are expected to wear one-piece bathing suits.
- All school rules are in effect during field trips and misconduct will be handled through the school’s regular disciplinary process.
- The administration will determine the number of sponsors necessary.
It is the student’s responsibility to obtain and complete all assignments before the trip commences. Students with excessive absences, academic, or behavioral problems may be required to remain on campus
Each summer Harmony Public Schools are especially designed to offer opportunities for young people to try new things, learn, grow and make friendships that last forever. Summer Leadership & STEM Program offers unique chances for students to experience classroom lessons in a natural environment as well as University Resident Halls. Camps are also designed to teach the principles of effective leadership and to provide practical experience in applying these skills as student. These camps are offered for middle and high school students at various campsites and college campuses .
For middle schools, HPS provides different activities such as aquatic study, archery, canoeing, geocaching, geology, trail of painted ponies, owl science, wilderness survival, writing in nature, reading time, art classes, character building opportunities, guest speakers including academic and social contents.
Welcome to Summer Leadership STEM Camps!
We are anticipating an exciting summer of activities for our campers, and you are an important part of the success. Excellent staff produces excellent programs, and that is our goal. . It will also help you understand the philosophy and goals behind the summer camp programs, your role, and the conditions for your employment.
The mission of the HPS Summer Leadership STEM Camps is to provide high quality, diverse and accessible programs, services and facilities that enhance the quality of life for all ages, cultures, and abilities.
Our Mission Statement (above) is the key principle that guides the summer camp program. How does the Engagement & Support Department define an outstanding camp?
An Outstanding Camp is a place where children are valued.
- All Staff view each child as a unique individual with something special to offer.
- All Staff show an interest in each child, calling them by name, communicating individually with them, and listening to what they have to say.
- All Staff take time with the children, communicating that being with children in general and them in particular is fun.
- All Staff create an environment where the focus is on the interests and needs of children.
- An Outstanding Summer Leadership STEM Camp is a place that is fun and exciting for children.
- Activities are varied to meet a range of interests, abilities and needs.
- Activities invite participation; they are fresh, interactive and inclusive.
- Camp provides children with choices and opportunities for self-expression.
- Staff is enthusiastic, energetic and fun to be around; they are well-prepared and competent.
- An Outstanding Summer Program is a safe place.
- Campers are well supervised in every situation throughout the camp day.
- Staff is vigilant; they constantly monitor the camp site for safety hazards.
- Safety is a first priority, and every activity takes safety into consideration.
- Campers are taught good safety measures as part of the camp routine.
An Outstanding Summer Program provides a great summer experience at a convenient location at an affordable price.
- Camps are offered at sites that are generally easy for parents to reach.
- Camps are provided at the lowest possible price and are more affordable than camps offered by the private sector.
- Financial assistance is provided so all families can send their children to camp.
Most summer programs governed by this manual operate from 4 to 6 nights (Overnights) during the summer. Camps include;
- STEM activities, Leadership talks, Leadership activities, Recreational Activities, Teamwork activities, Reading sessions, Character building sessions,
The Performing arts program helps to enrich students and give a better understanding of the community of which they are a part of.. They act as a window to the larger world of performing arts by staging high-quality productions and attracting top talent to teach and perform. Harmony Public Schools offers dance, singing and glee clubs for students. They can engage in their chosen field. These performing arts activities or clubs are substantial to children’s long-term social, emotional and cognitive development. These activities help them to be healthy and happy, honest and ethical, and caring and compassionate.
Students enrolled in the dance and music clubs have the opportunities to join the stage performances and competitions in HPS campuses, national and international festivals.Engagement Department gives support to the LOTE for their chosen kids on the stage activities.